Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Altered Journal



Altered Journal. Cathy Zielske’s Clean & Simple, the Sequel, encouraged me to start keeping a journal. But I didn’t want just any old journal. I wanted one that reflected my personality. I altered an old fashion composition book and now use it regularly to journal my thoughts and ideas.

In the Altered Journal class, you will learn decoupage techniques and transform a composition book into your personal journal, ready to become a part of your everyday life. In addition to decoupage, we will also cover distressing techniques, methods for mounting ribbons and embellishments to decoupaged surfaces, and eyelet setting using the newest (and my current favorite) tool; the Crop-A-Dile. All experience levels are invited.

Please bring a paper trimmer, scissors, distressing ink and strong double-stick tape (such as "Terrifically Tacky" tape) with you to class. You may also want to bring brads, eyelets, buttons, ribbons and other embellishments to further personalize your treasured journal.

Recommended for all experience levels.

Class fee: $18
Date: TBD
Location: TBD

No comments: